Milton Park, Oxfordshire, UK
LabMinds is excited to be hiring Senior Software Engineers to expand our software team. Our goal is to deliver all of the chemical solutions used by our customers throughout their organisations and to help them improve their processes. The software team is central to those efforts, responsible for the platform on which we run our products, services and operations. You’ll work across our entire product spectrum, from user interfaces designed for the lab, to the distributed data systems that power our logistics; from the
networks infrastructure that makes the most of our smart hardware, to the robotic systems that control it; and from logic that ensures the safety and robustness of our customers’processes, to the data science and theoretical chemistry that aims to improve them.
Working closely with the team’s engineering manager, product manager and other engineers, you’ll contribute across its range of responsibilities, with the following being your primary responsibilities.
● You will manage projects to deliver major new functionality, focusing on our back-end Python tech stack, running Django web applications, deployed in a Linux environment.
● You will contribute across all areas of the team’s operations by designing and developing software, and reviewing the team’s output.
● You will use your experience and knowledge to help the team grow, bringing continual improvements to its development processes, and contributing to hiring and mentoring other engineers.
● You will work with engineers, technicians and scientists on other teams to solve our customers’ problems, validating the performance of ideas and then delivering them through reliable product functionality.
Six months in, our hope is that you will have helped spin out product teams focusing on logistics and user experience. You will have cemented your reputation as an experienced engineer, able to independently deliver projects while improving the quality of the software. You will have worked closely with other engineers in the team to help them improve their knowledge and ability to deliver.
People in this role have progressed to become engineering managers of product teams and senior managers within the technology department.
Why join us at LabMinds?
LabMinds is growing. We’re doubling our headcount so that we can better satisfy our customers’ needs and realise the company’s vision. We’re excited to be moving to our new space at Milton Park, Didcot where we’re building the facilities needed to support
development across all of our product offerings. The software team focuses on delivering high quality software, aided by thorough automated testing, continuous delivery and automation throughout devops. We know that we get the best out of our people if they’re
happy, enthusiastic and aligned, so we’re structuring the department and creating the facilities to empower the teams, giving people the flexibility they need to deliver. LabMinds is a company that provides opportunities for people to grow and progress quickly.
● You have extensive experience delivering software developments, proving that you can have the impact we’re looking for and will be able to hit the ground running with our tech stack.
● You are focused on delivering value to customers and are able to craft great software, because you are productive, organised and knowledgeable.
● You can manage the delivery of software projects, are able to delegate appropriate tasks to less experienced engineers, and value testing, automation, iteration and reliability.
● You feel at home whether you are collaborating on delivering software or operating as an individual contributor.
● You have a 2:1 degree in software engineering or computer science, or a degree in a quantitative science degree that had a significant software engineering component.
If you have the capabilities we are looking for, we expect to make offers between £60k and £75k, depending upon your experience.