Oxford, United Kingdom
You will be responsible for leading and directing the Technical Support Team to ensure our customers are well supported and happy. Excellent people management and communication skills, along with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service is essential. This position will be responsible for managing people, processes, and customer escalations. Due to the nature of our business and managing a geographically distributed team, this position will require occasional after hours and some weekend work.
The Customer Service Manager will play a critical role in our service operations. You will work closely with internal stakeholders and assisting Senior Managers with external stakeholders to examine business needs and to understand any operational constraints, analyze data flows, discuss findings and design appropriate solutions.
This position typically works under limited supervision and direction with the expectation that Service/Support operations are to be analyzed and reported to senior staff on a regular basis.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Support Engineers, Service Technicians and account managers.
- Serve as a mentor for the team to develop and improve technical and soft skills and career planning.
- Identify training requirements including development of training content for the dept.
- Establish productivity and performance metrics and ensure that they are achieved.
- Ensure clear communication with partners and customers to ensure they are kept up-to-date on the status of escalated issues and errors.
- Documents findings and ensures that LabMinds’ support knowledge base is utilized effectively and is maintained and expanded over time.
- Manages and handles escalated customer situations with a focus on ensuring that the customer
feels supported as we work through the troubleshooting process.
- Coordinating customer service needs with other departments as required.
- Assist in developing internal data analysis tools and procedures to aid investigations and build efficiencies within our service group.
- Occasionally action on service requirements. Meeting both remote and on site field service requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3-5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- Mechanical assembly
- Experience in project management, data analytics, and tracking metrics
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry
- Experience supporting automation equipment in a laboratory setting
- Experience within global operations
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations with customers,
subcontractors, and vendors
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Proven ability for continuous process improvements
- Must be organized, dependable and detail-oriented with the ability to switch gears and
- Be a team player, positive influence on others, and should strive to learn, improve, and grow within the company.
- Familiarity with working from a ticketing system as part of a larger team.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. This position requires a considerable amount of pushing, pulling, stooping, bending and lifting. Must have the ability to travel, sometimes with short notice and be able to provide after-hours weekend support as needed.
- Citizen of the EU
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport
- Competitive Salary
- 5 Weeks Vacation